Monk's Walk School encourages students to eat a healthy diet. Our restaurant is open at both break and lunchtime and is run by Hertfordshire Catering with the 'eatwell' Healthy Eating in Hertfordshire menu. There is always a selection of salads, pasta, sandwiches and jacket potatoes. No fizzy drinks, sweets or crisps are sold at school.
The restaurant works on a three week menu (choices are subject to variation). Please click on the link in Read more ... to get an idea about what your child could have for lunch for just £2.30.
As it would be very complicated for the School to work out who uses the The Kitchen, all students have been given an account.
You will need to make payments into your account rather than students paying for items with cash at the till. The easiest and quickest way to do this is online using WisePay. If this is not possible there will be an alternative facility available each morning between 8.00am and 8.30am for you to make payments to your account.
- We were asked by the Student Council to look at ways of speeding up the queues in The Kitchen
- Students are safer if they are not carrying cash to school
- There is less chance of students forgetting dinner money
- If we spend less time on administration tasks like counting money and banking, we can keep down the cost of food
- If you want to discuss this with the school, please contact Mrs Tracie Smith.
- If you need help with WisePay, please contact the finance office.
- If you think your child will need help managing their account, please tell us how much they can spend each day and we will put on a limit.