No Current Vacancies
We're sorry, but we're not looking to recruit anyone right now. please check back later.
Are you Interested in Teaching?
Are you interested in a career in teaching?
Monk's Walk School is a member of the Alban Federation partnership in the area of teacher training. Each year the Federation trains a large number of adults either straight from university with their degrees, or people who are looking to change careers, and places them in a host school for the year to enable them to complete their training and gain Qualified Teacher Status.
All applications are submitted through UCAS (the University Admission System). Course are available for secondary programmes, with salaries and bursaries available for suitably qualified candidates in many subjects.
Further details can be obtained by emailing Mrs Clare Hodgson.
EMAIL CLARE HODGSON
We are also particularly interested in hearing from anyone who is thinking of returning to teaching, especially those who hold QTS and who can teach EBacc subjects. Further information in the linked document:
Why Work at Monk's Walk School?
Thank you for showing an interest in our school; we hope that the information we provide for you will encourage you to want to work here. Here are a few reasons why we enjoy working here and we hope you would too:
- A warm welcome – new staff always comment on this. We have an enthusiastic and thoroughly committed staff body, who go out of their way to welcome and support new staff
- It’s a good school which gives you the opportunity to learn and develop your craft. Staff gain a huge amount of satisfaction from the fact that our students do well, academically and personally
- Our students enjoy being here. Behaviour is very good indeed, allowing you to take risks and be creative in your teaching
- Monk’s Walk is a genuinely comprehensive school. We have the full range of students, from those going to Oxbridge to those with serious learning needs
- We provide a highly regarded programme of CPD which is tailored to your needs. This includes leadership development at all levels
- Opportunities for progression - as a very large school, opportunities for promotion come along regularly.
- We have a large sixth form and are part of a broader sixth form consortium, giving the opportunity to teach A Level across a broad range of subjects.
- A huge range of extra-curricular provision to enable you to perhaps pursue your interests and get involved in the wider life of the school
And if you are coming into the job as an NQT:
- The opportunity to be paid for three weeks in July to attend the school for induction, to give you to a flying start to your career in teaching
- The support of an experienced and dedicated Lead Professional, Clare Hodgson, who will act as your co-ordinating mentor
- The support of an enthusiastic subject specialist who will act as your mentor. (S)he will meet with you regularly and will mentor you throughout the first year
- A highly regarded NQT programme with the opportunity to work with colleagues from other schools
- As an NQT, 10% reduction from the standard teaching load to allow you to pursue other training opportunities (e.g. observation of colleagues, pupil shadowing, SEN training etc.) throughout the year
- A transparent assessment system with support every step of the way.
Polices for Applicants