Are you interested in a career in teaching? Or returning to teaching after a break? Perhaps you are an experienced teacher just looking for a change? Or a newly qualified teacher looking for your first position?
Whatever your situation, why not come and meet us for a chat. Contact our HR Manager, Victoria Lyall, on 01707 322846 or email@example.com
We are committed to the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare. We also have a sincere commitment to equal opportunity and celebrate diversity, including in our staff recruitment. We welcome applications from all sections of our community very warmly, and we recognise the huge strength and opportunity that comes from diversity in all aspects of our make-up. Formal application for any role must be by way of a fully-completed application form and covering letter.
A CV without an application form will not be considered for short-listing for interview. We will need to obtain references and conduct online searches in advance of interview for any candidate short-listed. All job offers are subject to satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
Why Work at Monk's Walk School?
Why Work at Monk’s Walk School?
Thank you for showing an interest in our school; we hope that the information we provide for you will encourage you to want to work here. Here are a few reasons why we enjoy working here and we hope you would too:
- A warm welcome – new staff always comment on this. We have an enthusiastic and thoroughly committed staff body, who go out of their way to welcome and support new staff
- It’s a good school which gives you the opportunity to learn and develop your craft. Staff gain a huge amount of satisfaction from the fact that our students do well, academically and personally
- Our students enjoy being here. Behaviour is very good indeed, allowing you to take risks and be creative in your teaching
- Monk’s Walk is a genuinely comprehensive school. We have the full range of students, from those going to Oxbridge to those with serious learning needs
- We provide a highly regarded programme of CPD which is tailored to your needs. This includes leadership development at all levels
- Opportunities for progression - as a very large school, opportunities for promotion come along regularly.
- We have a large sixth form and are part of a broader sixth form consortium, giving the opportunity to teach A Level across a broad range of subjects.
- A huge range of extra-curricular provision to enable you to perhaps pursue your interests and get involved in the wider life of the school
And if you are coming into the job as an ECT:
- The opportunity to be paid for three weeks in July to attend the school for induction, to give you to a flying start to your career in teaching
- The support of an experienced and dedicated Lead Professional, James Mace, who will act as your co-ordinating mentor
- The support of an enthusiastic subject specialist who will act as your mentor. (S)he will meet with you regularly and will mentor you throughout the first two years
- A highly regarded ECT programme with the opportunity to work with colleagues from other schools
- As an ECT, reduction from the standard teaching load to allow you to pursue other training opportunities (e.g. observation of colleagues, pupil shadowing, SEN training etc.) throughout the year
- A transparent assessment system with support every step of the way.
Policies for Applicants